Total Pageviews

Monday, January 20, 2014

A little Rant

Ash, the anti smoking lobby in New Zealand have decided to try and make smoking illegal in cars citing second hand smoke kills the other occupants of the car.
Now as a smoker I'm pissed!!!!Soon we wont be even allowed to smoke in our own homes. If this goes through which I doubt it will we risk becoming such a ridiculous nanny state(more so than we are already.
Smoking in MY car gives me pleasure on a long trip, I never smoke if I have anyone else in the car. I smoke outdoors even in my own home even when its pissing down with rain. If at a function I smoke outdoors and I am aware of any non smokers around me. None of the other people I know who smoke are inconsiderate.
How dare Ash try and Bully people, I am aware of what I am doing to my body, again it is MY body.
I know some of my non smoking friends will rush to the defence of Ash but I have a right to do whatever I want in MY car. AS far as Im concerned the only other person that can tell me what to do in MY car is the finance company and that's only for a few more months.
Might perhaps contact the human rights commission on this one!

1 comment:

  1. I agree - even if I am a non smoker, this constant harassment of what smokers can and can't do on their own turf is getting ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete