Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Wicked is...WIcked

Having never seen WIcked before last night I ventured out in Auckland to see the Australian production of the show.
Being like a little boy in a lolly shop I sat through the first act with a magnifiscent grim on my face. At one point I even squelled in delight when the lighting was just quite simply stunning. Blew me away.
The two leading ladies are fantastic, Elphiba was just spectacular and Galinda had obviuosly studied Kristen Chenoweth. Maggie Ki
rkpatrick( forever etched in my brain as The Freak, or those who watched prisoner will know what I mean) was fab.
I have to say I sat there during the second Act and thought this reminds me of Into the woods. The first ct was spectacular, the second not so spectacular but alot deeper. A funnily enough  my flatmate said the same thing when I returned home.

Thel ighjting , the set and the costumes were all stunning.

A spectacular night at the theatre, who needs broadway or the west end when there is talent like this in the Antipodes.

1 comment: